L4 Permanently Lubricated Pneumatic Cylinders
Bore Sizes From 1 ½" – 24
23 mounting styles
Common Applications: These cylinders are designed for high cycle long stroke are applications. Also designed for applications that do not offer inline oilers.
3 Year Limited Warranty
Manufactured in Michigan
1. Head / Cap: Precision machined steelhead and cap provide close concentricity and accurate alignment between piston, tube, piston rod and rod bearing.
2. Cylinder Barrel: Damage resistant tubing honed to an 8 to 16 microfinish for low frictional drag and maximum seal life. Hard chrome plated to resist corrosion and scoring.
3. Rod Cartridge: Extra long, high strength bronze gland provides maximum bearing support and wear resistance. With certain exceptions, a removable retainer allows for gland removal without cylinder disassembly.
4. Piston: One piece fine-grained cast iron piston provides maximum strength and protection against shock loads. Anaerobic adhesive is used to permanently lock and seal the piston to the rod.
5. Piston Rod: High strength, damage resistant piston rod provides 100,000 PSI minimum yield material in 5/8” through 4 1/2” diameters. Larger diameters vary between 50,000 and 75,000 PSI minimum yield material. All rods are case hardened to 50-55 RC and hard chrome plated to provide maximum wear life. Stainless steel is also available.
6. Tie Rods: 100,000 to 125,000 PSI minimum yield steel, pre-stressed for fatigue resistance, and roll threaded for added strength.
7. Head Cushions: Self-centering head cushion design provides consistent cushioning performance.
8. Cap Cushions: Floating cap cushion insert design replaces ball check to provide greater flow area for fast break-away and provides consistent cushioning performance.
9. Cushion Needle Adjustment and Ball Check: Flush mounted captive cushion adjustment allows safe cushion adjustment under pressure. Special tip design and fine threads allow precise adjustment over a broad range of operations. Cushion ball check provided at head end allows for fast break-away under full power.
10. Tube Seals: Extrusion resistant Teflon® material is compatible with virtually all fluids and can operate in temperatures to 500°F.
11. Ports: NPTF ports are standard and can be rotated to any 90-degree position in relation to each other and the mounting. SAE ports optional.
12. Rods and Piston Seals: Pressure energized nitrile U-cups, with backup rings are standard. Step cut cast iron rings and Viton® seals for temperatures to 400°F are optional. Special seals for low friction, high-speed applications are also available.
13. Rod Wiper: Nitrile double lip rod wiper acts as secondary seal while keeping out dirt, dust and other contaminants. Optional Viton® wiper available for fluid compatibility or temperatures to 400°F. Metallic scrapers and low friction wipers also available.